What is involved in Facilities Energy Management
Find out what the related areas are that Facilities Energy Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Facilities Energy Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Facilities Energy Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Facilities Energy Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Facilities Energy Management related domains to cover and 144 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Facilities Energy Management, Energy management, Business ethics, Climate protection, Corporate culture, Decision making, Deontological ethics, Discourse ethics, ENERGY STAR, Energy Storage as a Service, Energy conservation, Energy consumption, Energy demand management, Energy distribution, Energy management system, Energy production, Energy storage, Energy transformation, Environmental management, European Union, External cost, Facility management, Federal Energy Management Program, Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology, Fossil energy, Functional organization, General Motors, Green Logistics, Greenhouse gas, Heat exchanger, Hotel energy management, Information Technology, International Facility Management Association, Load profile, Low-energy house, Manufacturing process management, Matrix management, Member state of the European Union, Operating cost, Organizational structure, Passive house, Payback period, Photovoltaic system, Power management, Power station, Renewable energies, Solar water heating, Swiss Federal Council, United States, Verein Deutscher Ingenieure, Water power:
Facilities Energy Management Critical Criteria:
Study Facilities Energy Management decisions and drive action.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Facilities Energy Management? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Facilities Energy Management requirements in detail?
– Who needs to know about Facilities Energy Management ?
Energy management Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Energy management visions and arbitrate Energy management techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How will you know that the Facilities Energy Management project has been successful?
Business ethics Critical Criteria:
Mine Business ethics decisions and gather Business ethics models .
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Facilities Energy Management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Facilities Energy Management process available?
– What are the key elements of your Facilities Energy Management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Facilities Energy Management strengthening and reform actually originate?
Climate protection Critical Criteria:
Boost Climate protection issues and get out your magnifying glass.
– Does Facilities Energy Management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How do we know that any Facilities Energy Management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Is a Facilities Energy Management Team Work effort in place?
Corporate culture Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Corporate culture failures and improve Corporate culture service perception.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Facilities Energy Management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Is there a Facilities Energy Management Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What are the short and long-term Facilities Energy Management goals?
Decision making Critical Criteria:
Adapt Decision making results and correct Decision making management by competencies.
– Is there a timely attempt to prepare people for technological and organizational changes, e.g., through personnel management, training, or participatory decision making?
– Does Facilities Energy Management analysis show the relationships among important Facilities Energy Management factors?
– What kind of processes and tools could serve both the vertical and horizontal analysis and decision making?
– What vendors make products that address the Facilities Energy Management needs?
– What is the purpose of Facilities Energy Management in relation to the mission?
– What s the protocol for interaction, decision making, project management?
– What role do analysts play in the decision making process?
– Who will be involved in the decision making process?
– Are the data needed for corporate decision making?
Deontological ethics Critical Criteria:
Group Deontological ethics tactics and create Deontological ethics explanations for all managers.
– Have all basic functions of Facilities Energy Management been defined?
– Do we all define Facilities Energy Management in the same way?
– Is the scope of Facilities Energy Management defined?
Discourse ethics Critical Criteria:
Design Discourse ethics outcomes and grade techniques for implementing Discourse ethics controls.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Facilities Energy Management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Facilities Energy Management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Facilities Energy Management leader?
ENERGY STAR Critical Criteria:
Interpolate ENERGY STAR visions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough ENERGY STAR results.
– Can we add value to the current Facilities Energy Management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are all of our Facilities Energy Management domains and what do they do?
– What are the usability implications of Facilities Energy Management actions?
Energy Storage as a Service Critical Criteria:
Read up on Energy Storage as a Service issues and check on ways to get started with Energy Storage as a Service.
– For your Facilities Energy Management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Facilities Energy Management project manager?
– How can you measure Facilities Energy Management in a systematic way?
Energy conservation Critical Criteria:
Generalize Energy conservation governance and look in other fields.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Facilities Energy Management delivery for example is new software needed?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Facilities Energy Management forward?
Energy consumption Critical Criteria:
Look at Energy consumption planning and improve Energy consumption service perception.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Facilities Energy Management activities?
– Is Facilities Energy Management Required?
Energy demand management Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Energy demand management risks and summarize a clear Energy demand management focus.
– How do we Improve Facilities Energy Management service perception, and satisfaction?
– Why are Facilities Energy Management skills important?
Energy distribution Critical Criteria:
Group Energy distribution governance and cater for concise Energy distribution education.
– Does Facilities Energy Management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Energy management system Critical Criteria:
Administer Energy management system governance and assess what counts with Energy management system that we are not counting.
– How can skill-level changes improve Facilities Energy Management?
Energy production Critical Criteria:
Own Energy production risks and acquire concise Energy production education.
– How do we manage Facilities Energy Management Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What are our Facilities Energy Management Processes?
Energy storage Critical Criteria:
Debate over Energy storage leadership and cater for concise Energy storage education.
– How to deal with Facilities Energy Management Changes?
Energy transformation Critical Criteria:
Apply Energy transformation issues and get going.
– What are current Facilities Energy Management Paradigms?
Environmental management Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Environmental management leadership and improve Environmental management service perception.
– What are our needs in relation to Facilities Energy Management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Are accountability and ownership for Facilities Energy Management clearly defined?
European Union Critical Criteria:
Investigate European Union goals and arbitrate European Union techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Think of your Facilities Energy Management project. what are the main functions?
– Will Facilities Energy Management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
External cost Critical Criteria:
Set goals for External cost visions and oversee External cost requirements.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Facilities Energy Management processes?
– Is the Facilities Energy Management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Have you identified your Facilities Energy Management key performance indicators?
Facility management Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Facility management outcomes and do something to it.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Facilities Energy Management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Facilities Energy Management project?
Federal Energy Management Program Critical Criteria:
Talk about Federal Energy Management Program visions and oversee Federal Energy Management Program management by competencies.
– In a project to restructure Facilities Energy Management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Facilities Energy Management leaders?
Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology planning and overcome Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology skills and management ineffectiveness.
– what is the best design framework for Facilities Energy Management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Facilities Energy Management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Fossil energy Critical Criteria:
Canvass Fossil energy strategies and get the big picture.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Facilities Energy Management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Facilities Energy Management project lifecycle?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Facilities Energy Management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Functional organization Critical Criteria:
Refer to Functional organization planning and define Functional organization competency-based leadership.
General Motors Critical Criteria:
Set goals for General Motors planning and explore and align the progress in General Motors.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Facilities Energy Management agendas for the next 3 years?
– What are the barriers to increased Facilities Energy Management production?
Green Logistics Critical Criteria:
X-ray Green Logistics engagements and achieve a single Green Logistics view and bringing data together.
– In the case of a Facilities Energy Management project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Facilities Energy Management project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Facilities Energy Management project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Facilities Energy Management?
Greenhouse gas Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Greenhouse gas tactics and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Greenhouse gas decisions.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Facilities Energy Management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What are specific Facilities Energy Management Rules to follow?
– How do we Lead with Facilities Energy Management in Mind?
Heat exchanger Critical Criteria:
Own Heat exchanger visions and find out.
– How likely is the current Facilities Energy Management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Facilities Energy Management move?
Hotel energy management Critical Criteria:
Reason over Hotel energy management outcomes and define what do we need to start doing with Hotel energy management.
– Which customers cant participate in our Facilities Energy Management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
Information Technology Critical Criteria:
Frame Information Technology management and acquire concise Information Technology education.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Facilities Energy Management? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
International Facility Management Association Critical Criteria:
Check International Facility Management Association quality and devise International Facility Management Association key steps.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Facilities Energy Management?
– Do Facilities Energy Management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Load profile Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Load profile management and interpret which customers can’t participate in Load profile because they lack skills.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Facilities Energy Management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Facilities Energy Management study?
Low-energy house Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Low-energy house outcomes and attract Low-energy house skills.
Manufacturing process management Critical Criteria:
Chat re Manufacturing process management visions and tour deciding if Manufacturing process management progress is made.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Facilities Energy Management opportunities costing us money?
Matrix management Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Matrix management engagements and optimize Matrix management leadership as a key to advancement.
– Is Supporting Facilities Energy Management documentation required?
– How do we go about Securing Facilities Energy Management?
Member state of the European Union Critical Criteria:
Reason over Member state of the European Union planning and budget for Member state of the European Union challenges.
– Which Facilities Energy Management goals are the most important?
– What about Facilities Energy Management Analysis of results?
Operating cost Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Operating cost results and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Operating cost information.
– Which costs does the firm deduct in measuring divisional operating costs?
– What is our formula for success in Facilities Energy Management ?
Organizational structure Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Organizational structure adoptions and pioneer acquisition of Organizational structure systems.
– Another critical success factor is that appropriate governance needs to be in place. That is, is an appropriate organizational structure in place to manage the organization facing the cloud computing solution?
– Do you have a clearly defined organizational structure at organization level in order to sustain the risk management process?
– How will the existing culture and organizational structure be impacted by agile project management?
– How to manage workflows and projects, that are inherently distributed outside the organizational structure?
– What does a typical data warehouse and business intelligence organizational structure look like?
– Organizational structure for international business?
– What Organizational Structure is Required?
Passive house Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Passive house leadership and get going.
– How do we go about Comparing Facilities Energy Management approaches/solutions?
– What are the long-term Facilities Energy Management goals?
Payback period Critical Criteria:
Sort Payback period engagements and maintain Payback period for success.
– If the firm invests by choosing projects with the shortest payback period, which project would it invest in?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Facilities Energy Management project?
– Which investments does the firm accept if the cutoff payback period is three years?
– If two investments have the same payback period, are they equally desirable?
– How do you come up with the right discounted payback period cut-off?
– What is the investments payback period?
Photovoltaic system Critical Criteria:
Depict Photovoltaic system risks and interpret which customers can’t participate in Photovoltaic system because they lack skills.
– Do we have past Facilities Energy Management Successes?
– Are we Assessing Facilities Energy Management and Risk?
Power management Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Power management leadership and oversee Power management management by competencies.
– Is maximizing Facilities Energy Management protection the same as minimizing Facilities Energy Management loss?
Power station Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Power station issues and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Power station decisions.
– Do those selected for the Facilities Energy Management team have a good general understanding of what Facilities Energy Management is all about?
– Can we do Facilities Energy Management without complex (expensive) analysis?
Renewable energies Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Renewable energies strategies and transcribe Renewable energies as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Facilities Energy Management into the services that we provide?
– What is the source of the strategies for Facilities Energy Management strengthening and reform?
Solar water heating Critical Criteria:
Map Solar water heating quality and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Solar water heating.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Facilities Energy Management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Why is Facilities Energy Management important for you now?
Swiss Federal Council Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Swiss Federal Council decisions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Swiss Federal Council results.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Facilities Energy Management?
United States Critical Criteria:
Powwow over United States strategies and define United States competency-based leadership.
– What are the current regulatory and regulatory reporting requirements in the United States (e.g. local, state, national, and other) for organizations relating to Cybersecurity?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Facilities Energy Management values?
– Do we require that confidential information in the cloud be stored within the united states?
– How is transfer pricing regulated for intellectual property in the United States?
– What are the business goals Facilities Energy Management is aiming to achieve?
– Are you legally authorized to work in the united states?
Verein Deutscher Ingenieure Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Verein Deutscher Ingenieure engagements and secure Verein Deutscher Ingenieure creativity.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Facilities Energy Management moving forward?
Water power Critical Criteria:
Adapt Water power management and differentiate in coordinating Water power.
– How do we keep improving Facilities Energy Management?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Facilities Energy Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Energy management External links:
Energy Management | Energy Consulting | Harshaw Trane
Minol-Strategic Utility and Energy Management Solutions
MyOGEpower.com – Interactive Energy Management
Business ethics External links:
Business Ethics (2017) – IMDb
Business Ethics. (eBook, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
Business Ethics | Courses | Columbia Gorge Community …
Climate protection External links:
Climate Protection | Blacksburg, VA
H.R.4238 – Bottle Recycling Climate Protection Act of …
Climate Action – Tompkins County Climate Protection initiative
Corporate culture External links:
Corporate Culture – University Title Company | Title …
Corporate Culture Definition | Investopedia
Decision making External links:
Decision Making Techniques and Skills from MindTools.com
Effective Decision Making | SkillsYouNeed
Essays on decision making – Welcome to RUcore
Deontological ethics External links:
Deontological Ethics – Philosophy – AllAboutPhilosophy.org
Introduction to Deontological Ethics – Mesa Community …
What is deontological ethics / deontology? – GotQuestions.org
ENERGY STAR External links:
Efficient Lighting – ENERGY STAR and UL ETL LED and …
ENERGY STAR Certified Products | EPA ENERGY STAR | ENERGY STAR
ENERGY STAR | JELD-WEN Windows & Doors
Energy Storage as a Service External links:
Constant Power – Energy Storage as a Service (ESaaS)
Peak Power | Energy Storage as a Service
Energy conservation External links:
State Energy Conservation Office
Poultry Environmental Management & Energy Conservation
Battic Door® Home Energy Conservation Insulation …
Energy consumption External links:
USDA-NRCS Energy Consumption Awareness Tool: …
Residential Energy Consumption Survey (RECS) – …
Energy demand management External links:
Penn State Engineering: Energy Demand Management
CalAmp Energy Demand Management | Remote Device Management
Energy Demand Management from EMS
Energy distribution External links:
Tesoro Savage Vancouver Energy Distribution Terminal
Energy Distribution | Categories | Encore Wire Corporation
Energy management system External links:
Energy Management Systems
http://An energy management system (EMS) is a system of computer-aided tools used by operators of electric utilitygrids to monitor, control, and optimize the performance of the generation and/or transmission system.
Energy Management Solutions Expert | Energy Management System
Energy Management System – Energy Technology | Telkonet
Energy production External links:
Welcome | Energy Production & Infrastructure Center | …
What is energy production? – Fermilab Education Office
Energy storage External links:
Solar plus Energy Storage Technology | JLM Energy Inc.
Home || Energy Storage North America || November 6-8, …
DOE Global Energy Storage Database
Energy transformation External links:
Clean Power Research – Advancing the Energy Transformation
Energy Transformation Flashcards | Quizlet
Welcome – Energy Transformation Systems and …
Environmental management External links:
Environmental Management – Springer
[PDF]Environmental Management System Description – …
European Union External links:
EUROPA – European Union website, the official EU website
Jobs in United Nations, NGO, European Union
External cost External links:
What is external cost – Answers.com
Facility management External links:
Facility management (Book, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
Facility Management | Wentworth Institute of Technology
Facility Management Jobs, Salary Information and …
Federal Energy Management Program External links:
Federal Energy Management Program: BLCC5 …
[PDF]FEDERAL ENERGY MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
Federal Energy Management Program Awards – Welcome
Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology External links:
by Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology – …
Fossil energy External links:
Fossil Energy – Official Site
About Fossil Energy | Department of Energy
Functional organization External links:
Functional Organization Chart | University IT
Functional Organization Chart | op
General Motors External links:
General Motors | Official Global Site | GM.com
Contact General Motors by Email | GM.com
Green Logistics External links:
TAHL – TAHL Green Logistics
Green Logistics | SmartWay Partner | SalSon Logistics
Greenhouse gas External links:
Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program (GHGRP) | US EPA
Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions | US EPA
Heat exchanger External links:
Industrial Heat Exchangers – Heat Exchanger …
Steam to Water Heat Exchanger | Spargers + Jet Cookers
Hotel energy management External links:
Hotel Energy Management Solutions – Kadtronix
Case Study: Hotel Energy Management at The Ritz …
WiSuite | Hotel Energy Management
Information Technology External links:
Umail | University Information Technology Services
IUanyWare | University Information Technology Services
Box @ IU | University Information Technology Services
International Facility Management Association External links:
International Facility Management Association – Official …
Load profile External links:
Load Profile | Energy Storage | Power (Physics)
Load Profile – Open Electrical | Energy Storage | Ac Power
Load Profile – Open Electrical
Low-energy house External links:
Ambienti TV show – Low-energy house / Lara Romih – YouTube
[PDF]Architects to hatch Ecocapsule as low-energy house
Matrix management External links:
The Benefits and Challenges of Matrix Management
Leading and Working in a Matrix | Matrix Management …
Matrix Management – Global Integration
Operating cost External links:
Operating Cost – Investopedia
Organizational structure External links:
FEMA Leadership Organizational Structure | FEMA.gov
Social Security Organizational Structure
Organizational Structure of FOH
Passive house External links:
New York Passive House Conference | NYPH
Mizu Passive House Consulting
Payback period External links:
Payback Period – Investopedia
Payback Period.mp4 – YouTube
Chapter 18 – Payback Period and Accounting Rate of Return
Photovoltaic system External links:
Aireko Main Office Photovoltaic System, Caguas
[PDF]PHOTOVOLTAIC SYSTEM INSTALLATION …
Power management External links:
Information about power management setting on a …
Power Innovations International | Power Management …
Your analog power IC and the best power management, …
Power station External links:
Power Station – Outside Van
Stanley Professional Power Station Review – YouTube
DD DANNAR, LLC | Mobile Power Station
Renewable energies External links:
World Green Power – The Renewable Energies Marketplace
Herholdt’s Renewable Energies – Home | Facebook
Green City Energy – 100% renewable energies
Solar water heating External links:
Free Hot Water Solar Water Heating Products, Solar …
Solar Water Heating by Rheem – Rheem Water Heaters
Solar Water Heating | SoCalGas
Verein Deutscher Ingenieure External links:
VDI Verein Deutscher Ingenieure e.V. – Google+
VDI Verein Deutscher Ingenieure e.V. – YouTube
VDI Verein Deutscher Ingenieure – Photos | Facebook
Water power External links:
San Francisco Water Power and Sewer