What is involved in 6LoWPAN
Find out what the related areas are that 6LoWPAN connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a 6LoWPAN thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its 6LoWPAN journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward 6LoWPAN leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which 6LoWPAN related domains to cover and 86 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
6LoWPAN, Acronym and initialism, Ad hoc network, Advanced Encryption Standard, Bit rate, Bluetooth low energy, Communication protocol, Data frame, IEEE 802.15.4, IP address, International Telecommunication Union, Internet Engineering Task Force, Internet of Things, Link layer, Local-area networks, Maximum transmission unit, Mesh networking, Metropolitan area networks, Personal area network, Request for Comments, Smart grid, Wide-area networks:
6LoWPAN Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize 6LoWPAN decisions and create a map for yourself.
– what is the best design framework for 6LoWPAN organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Who will provide the final approval of 6LoWPAN deliverables?
– What are our 6LoWPAN Processes?
Acronym and initialism Critical Criteria:
Learn from Acronym and initialism decisions and pay attention to the small things.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect 6LoWPAN workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How much does 6LoWPAN help?
Ad hoc network Critical Criteria:
Devise Ad hoc network projects and give examples utilizing a core of simple Ad hoc network skills.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for 6LoWPAN strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How do we go about Comparing 6LoWPAN approaches/solutions?
– What are the business goals 6LoWPAN is aiming to achieve?
Advanced Encryption Standard Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Advanced Encryption Standard adoptions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Advanced Encryption Standard projects.
– Does 6LoWPAN analysis show the relationships among important 6LoWPAN factors?
– What are the barriers to increased 6LoWPAN production?
– Is the scope of 6LoWPAN defined?
Bit rate Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Bit rate management and describe which business rules are needed as Bit rate interface.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once 6LoWPAN is underway?
– What are the long-term 6LoWPAN goals?
Bluetooth low energy Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Bluetooth low energy decisions and oversee Bluetooth low energy requirements.
– Do we monitor the 6LoWPAN decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Are assumptions made in 6LoWPAN stated explicitly?
Communication protocol Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Communication protocol risks and develop and take control of the Communication protocol initiative.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once 6LoWPAN is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Which customers cant participate in our 6LoWPAN domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective 6LoWPAN leader?
Data frame Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Data frame outcomes and find out.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your 6LoWPAN activities?
– Do we have past 6LoWPAN Successes?
IEEE 802.15.4 Critical Criteria:
Deliberate IEEE 802.15.4 failures and catalog IEEE 802.15.4 activities.
– For your 6LoWPAN project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Does our organization need more 6LoWPAN education?
– How is the value delivered by 6LoWPAN being measured?
IP address Critical Criteria:
Chart IP address visions and adjust implementation of IP address.
– Can a customer prevent us from collecting his/her personal data? For example by saying he/she does not want his/her phone number or IP address to be stored by us?
– Are a customers business phone number; business email address and business IP address also considered to be personal data?
– Are egress and ingress filters installed on all border routers to prevent impersonation with spoofed ip addresses?
– Is the firewall configured to translate (hide) internal ip addresses, using network address translation (nat)?
– How do we Identify specific 6LoWPAN investment and emerging trends?
– Is collecting IP address really necessary?
– Do we all define 6LoWPAN in the same way?
– What threat is 6LoWPAN addressing?
International Telecommunication Union Critical Criteria:
Shape International Telecommunication Union engagements and secure International Telecommunication Union creativity.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing 6LoWPAN? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Is there any existing 6LoWPAN governance structure?
Internet Engineering Task Force Critical Criteria:
Match Internet Engineering Task Force outcomes and ask questions.
– What business benefits will 6LoWPAN goals deliver if achieved?
– What is Effective 6LoWPAN?
Internet of Things Critical Criteria:
Map Internet of Things failures and develop and take control of the Internet of Things initiative.
– Designing internet of things (IoT) solutions can unlock innovation, increase efficiencies and create new competitive advantages. but in an emerging marketplace of mostly unknown and untested solutions, where do we start?
– How can the principle of right to silence, aka silence of the chips, that allows individuals to disconnect from any application, be integrated into those systems?
– Do we ensure to not add features when theyre not needed and contribute to the insecurity/fragility of the whole system?
– What specific legal authorities, arrangements, and/or agreements authorize the collection of information?
– How are individuals notified of the procedures for seeking access to or amendment of their information?
– Are there any agreements concerning the security and privacy of the data once it is shared?
– How will the IoT impact the cloud and other aspects of the future of computing?
– What impacts on users, clients and the business must be planned for?
– How would a society benefit from an AI that passes the Turing test?
– What are internet of things products with commercial success?
– What startups are focused on the Internet of Things IoT?
– What are some available APIs for the Internet of Things?
– How will the Internet of Things affect the Smartgrid?
– What is the effect of agent diversity on the system?
– What is the minimum acceptable level of reliability?
– What middlewares are used in Internet of things?
– Does the ecosystem enable end to end security?
– What Is Agent-Based Modeling & Simulation?
– What customer support will be needed?
– Can we remove maintenance?
Link layer Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Link layer decisions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Link layer.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations 6LoWPAN values?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing 6LoWPAN?
– How to Secure 6LoWPAN?
Local-area networks Critical Criteria:
Read up on Local-area networks leadership and customize techniques for implementing Local-area networks controls.
– How do your measurements capture actionable 6LoWPAN information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How do we Lead with 6LoWPAN in Mind?
Maximum transmission unit Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Maximum transmission unit leadership and attract Maximum transmission unit skills.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent 6LoWPAN services/products?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with 6LoWPAN ?
– Are there 6LoWPAN problems defined?
Mesh networking Critical Criteria:
Test Mesh networking risks and track iterative Mesh networking results.
– What are the key elements of your 6LoWPAN performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What management system can we use to leverage the 6LoWPAN experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
Metropolitan area networks Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Metropolitan area networks failures and change contexts.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in 6LoWPAN?
– How would one define 6LoWPAN leadership?
Personal area network Critical Criteria:
Categorize Personal area network management and develop and take control of the Personal area network initiative.
– Among the 6LoWPAN product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Think of your 6LoWPAN project. what are the main functions?
Request for Comments Critical Criteria:
Graph Request for Comments results and plan concise Request for Comments education.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if 6LoWPAN does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Will 6LoWPAN deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Smart grid Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Smart grid planning and devise Smart grid key steps.
– Does your organization perform vulnerability assessment activities as part of the acquisition cycle for products in each of the following areas: Cybersecurity, SCADA, smart grid, internet connectivity, and website hosting?
– Think about the functions involved in your 6LoWPAN project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Is the 6LoWPAN organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Does 6LoWPAN analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Wide-area networks Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Wide-area networks tasks and define what our big hairy audacious Wide-area networks goal is.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the 6LoWPAN process?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its 6LoWPAN processes?
– What about 6LoWPAN Analysis of results?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the 6LoWPAN Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
6LoWPAN External links:
[6lowpan] Titles of 6LoWPAN RFCs
Re: [6lowpan] Titles of 6LoWPAN RFCs
802.15.4: 6LoWPAN – LSR
Acronym and initialism External links:
Acronym and initialism – New World Encyclopedia
Bit rate External links:
Which MP3 bit rate should I use? – CNET
Bit Rate Throttling Configuration Walkthrough | …
Communication protocol External links:
[PDF]MAGTEK COMMUNICATION PROTOCOL (MCP)
[PDF]Develop a Communication Protocol
Communication protocol modeling (Book, 1981) …
Data frame External links:
Renaming columns in a data frame – Cookbook for R
Information: Spatial reference does not match data frame
Data Frame Row Slice | R Tutorial
IEEE 802.15.4 External links:
[PDF]IEEE 802.15.4 and Zigbee – University of Kentucky
IP address External links:
Finding Your IP Address – Cox Communications
What Is My IP Address? IP Address Tools and More
Find your computer’s IP address – kb.iu.edu
International Telecommunication Union External links:
About International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
[PDF]INTERNATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATION UNION …
Internet Engineering Task Force External links:
Internet Engineering Task Force – Official Site
Administrivia – Internet Engineering Task Force
Internet Engineering Task Force – IETF – Home | Facebook
Internet of Things External links:
AT&T M2X: Build solutions for the Internet of Things
Internet of Things – Microsoft Internet of Things Blog
Link layer External links:
Data Link Layer-Chapter 7 Flashcards | Quizlet
Data-Link Layer – technet.microsoft.com
http://In computer networking, the link layer is the lowest layer in the Internet Protocol Suite, commonly known as TCP/IP, the networking architecture of the Internet. It is described in RFC 1122 and RFC 1123. The link layer is the group of methods and communications protocols that only operate on the link that a host is physically connected to.
Maximum transmission unit External links:
Maximum transmission unit – How is Maximum …
What is maximum transmission unit (MTU)? – Definition …
Metropolitan area networks External links:
Metropolitan area networks (MAN). Computer and …
[PDF]Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks (WMANs)
Metropolitan area networks (MAN). Computer and …
Personal area network External links:
11-11.5 Bluetooth and Personal Area Network Applications
Request for Comments External links:
[PDF]Response to Request for Comments: THE – Illinois.gov
[PDF]Request for Comments on Application of Excise Taxes …
Smart grid External links:
Smart Grid Security (eBook, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
Smart Grid – AbeBooks
[PDF]The Smart Grid?