What is involved in Process modeling
Find out what the related areas are that Process modeling connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Process modeling thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business Process Modeling BPM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business Process Modeling BPM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Process modeling related domains to cover and 124 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Process modeling, Argument, Business architecture, Business model, Business process modeling, Business process reengineering, Change management, Enterprise architecture, Granularity, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Mergers and acquisitions, Method engineering, Model-driven architecture, Model selection, Process, Process architecture, Process calculus, Process flow diagram, Process model, Process ontology, Service-oriented architecture, Six Sigma, Sjaak Brinkkemper, W.S. Humphrey:
Process modeling Critical Criteria:
Define Process modeling leadership and oversee Process modeling management by competencies.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Process modeling does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How do we Lead with Process modeling in Mind?
– What are our Process modeling Processes?
Argument Critical Criteria:
Drive Argument goals and spearhead techniques for implementing Argument.
– Who is engaged by change, who wants stability and values past practice, who focuses on relationships or prefers a compelling argument for the change initiative?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Process modeling values?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Process modeling with what users do day-to-day?
– Which Process modeling goals are the most important?
Business architecture Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Business architecture leadership and define what do we need to start doing with Business architecture.
– what is the best design framework for Process modeling organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What will drive Process modeling change?
– Is a Process modeling Team Work effort in place?
Business model Critical Criteria:
Mix Business model planning and find out what it really means.
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– How can we take rapid and informed action given the dramatic changes the IoT will make to our traditional business models?
– Think about the functions involved in your Process modeling project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Among the Process modeling product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What applications will first become mainstream and under which business model will they operate?
– How well does the product fit our current and planned business model(s)?
– What potential megatrends could make our business model obsolete?
Business process modeling Critical Criteria:
Adapt Business process modeling strategies and adopt an insight outlook.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Process modeling objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Is Process modeling dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Why is Process modeling important for you now?
Business process reengineering Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Business process reengineering decisions and change contexts.
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Process modeling?
– What is the purpose of Process modeling in relation to the mission?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Infer Change management management and correct Change management management by competencies.
– In terms of change focus, leaders will examine the success of past strategic initiatives and the concrete Change Management that accompanied them. is the overall strategy sound?
– What steps have executives included in the Change Management plan to identify and address customers and stakeholders concerns about the specific process to be reengineered?
– How should projects be phased to allow adequate time for Change Management and organizational acceptance of the selected technologies?
– Do you have formalized processes for organizational change management within your organization?
– Does your organization have a preferred organizational change management methodology?
– What are the most important benefits of effective organizational change management?
– Are CSI and organizational change underpinned by Kotters change management best practices?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of change management?
– How effective is your organization with organizational change management?
– In what scenarios should change management systems be introduced?
– Are Organizational Change managements best practices (eg Kotter) applied?
– Who are the leaders in a Change Management process?
– What is workplace Change Management?
– Why do we need Change Management?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Nurse Enterprise architecture goals and maintain Enterprise architecture for success.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– Is Process modeling Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Who will provide the final approval of Process modeling deliverables?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Granularity Critical Criteria:
Confer re Granularity projects and finalize the present value of growth of Granularity.
– For audit tracking, state the level of the granularity needed – do you just need to know that someone logged in and out, or do you need to know what screens or records or fields were accessed?
– If our security management product supports access control based on defined rules, what is the granularity of the rules supported: access control per user, group, or role?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Process modeling information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– To what level of granularity do the systems objects (e.g., files, directories/folders, components) need to be protected?
– A major challenge in indexing a web site involves the level of granularity of indexing. Do you index web pages?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Process modeling activities?
Lecture Notes in Computer Science Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Lecture Notes in Computer Science goals and triple focus on important concepts of Lecture Notes in Computer Science relationship management.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Process modeling leader?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Process modeling Management?
Mergers and acquisitions Critical Criteria:
Analyze Mergers and acquisitions risks and observe effective Mergers and acquisitions.
– Is maximizing Process modeling protection the same as minimizing Process modeling loss?
– What are all of our Process modeling domains and what do they do?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Process modeling move?
Method engineering Critical Criteria:
Guard Method engineering planning and get going.
– Think about the people you identified for your Process modeling project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Process modeling effort?
– Are there Process modeling Models?
Model-driven architecture Critical Criteria:
Check Model-driven architecture adoptions and transcribe Model-driven architecture as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Does Process modeling include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Will Process modeling have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Process modeling ?
Model selection Critical Criteria:
Match Model selection failures and tour deciding if Model selection progress is made.
– Do we monitor the Process modeling decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What is the source of the strategies for Process modeling strengthening and reform?
– Think of your Process modeling project. what are the main functions?
Process Critical Criteria:
Boost Process goals and proactively manage Process risks.
– Is the Quality Assurance function recognized to be different from implicit and continuous quality control during fabrication, in that it is discrete, explicit following production, and ignores the sequence or nature of the fabrication steps or processes?
– Is the software and application development process based on an industry best practice and is information security included throughout the software development life cycle (sdlc) process?
– Do we get input from staff on how the new system has improved their current processes. has the average time to fill a job request decreased?
– What are the human capital processes that should be measured in todays economy, and, going forward for that matter, as a routine process?
– Does the cloud provider have a documented exception process for allowing legitimate traffic that the IDS/IPS flags as an attack pattern?
– To what extent is the companys common control library utilized in implementing or re-engineering processes to align risk with control?
– How will lineage/provenance of some or all of your data be documented (e.g., processing steps executed on raw source data)?
– Who will be responsible, accountable, consulted and/or informed for decisions regarding key enterprise data processes?
– Does the provider extend their vulnerability and configuration management process to the virtualization platform?
– Support – how can we drive support for using the escalation processes for service, support and billing issues?
– Does your company have a formal information and technology risk framework and assessment process in place?
– Does our organization have a Cybersecurity Risk Management process that is functioning and repeatable?
– Does your organization have a formal process in place to implement organizational change?
– How should the process be monitored, and the effectiveness measured?
– Do we value Individuals and interactions over processes and tools?
– How do we currently collect and process our data?
– Is the processor speed sufficient?
– What is the business process?
Process architecture Critical Criteria:
Participate in Process architecture strategies and intervene in Process architecture processes and leadership.
– What are the disruptive Process modeling technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Does Process modeling appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Why are Process modeling skills important?
Process calculus Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Process calculus outcomes and sort Process calculus activities.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Process modeling models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How do we Improve Process modeling service perception, and satisfaction?
– What threat is Process modeling addressing?
Process flow diagram Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Process flow diagram quality and learn.
– Does our organization need more Process modeling education?
– Does the Process modeling task fit the clients priorities?
– Are we Assessing Process modeling and Risk?
Process model Critical Criteria:
Review Process model goals and develop and take control of the Process model initiative.
– Do those selected for the Process modeling team have a good general understanding of what Process modeling is all about?
– Is there a defined process model and is it followed?
– Are there Process modeling problems defined?
Process ontology Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Process ontology issues and develop and take control of the Process ontology initiative.
– What is our Process modeling Strategy?
– How can we improve Process modeling?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Pilot Service-oriented architecture tactics and point out improvements in Service-oriented architecture.
– In the case of a Process modeling project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Process modeling project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Process modeling project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Process modeling processes?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Process modeling delivery for example is new software needed?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Six Sigma projects and don’t overlook the obvious.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Process modeling is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– How is lean six sigma different from TOGAF architecture?
– What are the long-term Process modeling goals?
– How can skill-level changes improve Process modeling?
Sjaak Brinkkemper Critical Criteria:
Pilot Sjaak Brinkkemper projects and finalize the present value of growth of Sjaak Brinkkemper.
– How important is Process modeling to the user organizations mission?
W.S. Humphrey Critical Criteria:
Merge W.S. Humphrey planning and get answers.
– Which customers cant participate in our Process modeling domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Process modeling? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Process modeling processes?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business Process Modeling BPM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Process modeling External links:
Process Modeling – Support – Sigma
Process modeling (eBook, 1986) [WorldCat.org]
Navvia Process Modeling Software | Process Modelling …
Argument External links:
Argument Calendars – Supreme Court of the United States
Opioid panel’s anti-marijuana argument stirs anger – CNN
Business architecture External links:
Business Architecture Center of Excellence
Business Architecture Jobs – Business Architecture Guild
Business Architecture Guild
Business model External links:
Business Model – Investopedia
Business Model and Entities – WellMed Medical Group
It’s Porn, But Its Business Model Is ‘A World Without Men’
Business process modeling External links:
About the Business Process Modeling Notation …
Change management External links:
Kotter’s 8-Step Change Model – Change Management …
Change Management Consulting Firm | Clerestory Consulting
Change management experts -Change Management …
Enterprise architecture External links:
Center for Enterprise Architecture
Enterprise Architecture – CDT Services
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Granularity External links:
Granularity | definition of granularity by Medical dictionary
Lock Granularity and Hierarchies – technet.microsoft.com
Granularity | Define Granularity at Dictionary.com
Lecture Notes in Computer Science External links:
Lecture Notes in Computer Science – Official Site
[DOC]Lecture Notes in Computer Science:
[DOC]Lecture Notes in Computer Science: – APAIS
Mergers and acquisitions External links:
Mergers and acquisitions (Book, 2012) [WorldCat.org]
“The Sopranos” Mergers and Acquisitions (TV Episode …
Mergers and Acquisitions | Kramer Levin
Method engineering External links:
3.4 Summary of method engineering approaches
Model-driven architecture External links:
Model-Driven Architecture (MDA) – Gartner IT Glossary
Model selection External links:
Tolly Classified – Model Selection
[PDF]Nonparametric statistics and model selection – mit.edu
Model Selection | Larson Boats
Process External links:
Title Process – Concord Title
Title V Process – HUD Exchange
MyLifeNow – Login Process – Step 1
Process architecture External links:
Dynamics 365 Process architecture – msdn.microsoft.com
Process calculus External links:
A logical process calculus (Microform, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
[1212.2257] A Process Calculus with Logical Operators
Process calculus. In computer science, the process calculi (or process algebras) are a diverse family of related approaches for formally modelling concurrent systems. Process calculi provide a tool for the high-level description of interactions, communications, and synchronizations between a collection of independent agents or processes.
Process flow diagram External links:
What is a Process Flow Diagram | Lucidchart
A process flow diagram (PFD) is a diagram commonly used in chemical and process engineering to indicate the general flow of plant processes and equipment. The PFD displays the relationship between major equipment of a plant facility and does not show minor details such as piping details and designations. Another commonly used term for a PFD is a flowsheet.
Process model External links:
[PDF]process model explanation Rev 2-20-09 – ISO 9000 …
[DOC]Business Process Model Template
[PPT]Software Process Model – StFX – Computer Science
Process ontology External links:
CiteSeerX — Design Process Ontology Approach Proposal
Service-oriented architecture External links:
[PDF]Service-Oriented Architecture for Command and …
Six Sigma External links:
Lean Six Sigma Training & Certification – GoLeanSixSigma…
What Is Six Sigma?
Six Sigma – Official Site
W.S. Humphrey External links:
W.S. Humphrey – topics.revolvy.com